Friday 7 February 2014

Exactly How to Re-Create Your New Favorite Braid and Smoky Eye Look (And Look Like You've Got Your Stuff Together)

I'm pretty sure you're all going to be in love with the hair and makeup look actress Zoey Deutch wore to the premiere of Vampire Academy last night. And I'm also pretty sure you're going to want to know every single step that her hairstylist and makeup artist took to get her look. Which means you'll be psyched to know that I have all the details below. Read on!


zoey-deutch-makeup-vampires-premiere
Here's what makeup artist Adam Breuchaud says about how he created her makeup "I sculpted Zoeys eye with Chanel Eyeshadow Quad in Prelude [Ed note: Looks like he used the darker shade along her lash line and creases and the light beige shade all over her lids]. On her cheeks, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim as a blush. And on her lips, a great nod to the '60s, Marc Jacobs Lovemarc Lip Gel in Strange Magic."
Now on to her hair.

zoey-deutch-hair-braid-vampires-premiere
Here's what hairstylist Aviva Perea had to say about creating this braid:
"I wanted the view from the front to have height at the crown so it would look '60s and then when she turned profile or when you saw it from the back it was a messy undone rocker braid. I prepped Zoey's hair with Leonor Greyl Alcohol Free Volumizing Styling Mousse at the ends and Phytovolume Volume Spray at the roots and then I rough-dried the hair with my fingers. "Then I took 1-inch sections and wrapped them around the T3 Whirl Styling Wand, going in alternating directions and around her hairline making sure to go away from her face.
"Once her hair was cool I shook it out and coated her hair with Oribe's Dry Texture Spray from root to end and then took Phyto Matte Texturizing Paste to piece out the hair.
"Then I gathered her hair from ear to ear and teased at the crown and brought that section up. Then from under the ear started making smaller sections and incorporating the bigger section into the bigger braid and went down from there. I secured the look with a combination of hairpins and bobby pins."
Then he finished off with L'Oreal Elnett Hair Spray, the choice of champions. 









source:www.glamour.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picture Window theme. Theme images by Jason Morrow. Powered by Blogger.