Saturday 8 February 2014

Carrie Underwood Takes Her Fashion Week Shoes Seriously—What She Says About Her Open-Toe Heels in Snowy NYC


Good things happen at Fashion Week, and today's good thing happened first thing this morning: meeting Carrie Underwood. As I waited my turn to interview her at the Peter Som fall 2014 fashion show, I noticed her gorgeous hair and makeup, adorable Ted Baker dress, and open-toe shoes. Guys, I don't know about where you are, but it's 30 degrees in Manhattan right now. It's so cold that I stopped not one but two street-style photographers and told them to put on a hat and gloves (my Fashion Week PSA, if you will).

carrie-underwood-full-length


So I had to ask her: How are you pulling off those shoes in this icy, snowy, frigid city?
"I'm a pro," she waved her hand like we were friends (it could happen). "I can walk in anything anywhere and I'm fine."
She's in town to see some shows, and she's all about ease when it comes to style. "I like things that are easy," she told me. "I swear [I've tried] dresses and it's like this enclosure goes over here, and this zip is over there. It's too complicated, I can't wear it. The easier the better."
Carrie got me to thinking about my Fashion Week shoe choice. In order to look polished but still be quick on my feet, I've chosen these chunky-heeled ankle boots from Christian Louboutin. Hey, I don't have Carrie's stamina for the cold, but to each her own.

sophia-shoessophia-booties





What's your go-to cold-weather dress shoe? 






source:www.glamour.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picture Window theme. Theme images by Jason Morrow. Powered by Blogger.