Wednesday 12 February 2014

Dating: How to Get Set Up Successfully

matchmaker.jpg

I can think of about 200 reasons why I hate to be the last single girl in a group of friends. But, I can also think of one giant bonus—your friends' boyfriends probably know lots of cute, available boys! So capitalize on this new supply of potential dates with these tips on how to get set up successfully.

Put it out there
Lots of people are hesitant to set up their friends because one, they don’t want to be nosy. And two, they don’t want to be responsible if the date is less than stellar. So, when I tell friends that I want to be set up, I’m direct, and I always let them know I won’t blame them if the potential romance crashes and burns.
Get specific
“Find me someone awesome!” is a pretty broad request. Get specific when asking for a blind date; if you don’t have your sights set on a particular guy, at least give pals the top three things you’re looking for in a man.
Don’t nag
One of my friends thinks I’d be perfect for her boyfriend’s gorgeous roommate, and it’s hard not to bug her about it 24/7. But, patience is a virtue. If a pal says she’s reached out to a guy, leave it at that. If you’re SUPER-impatient (like me), you can suggest a group outing or invite all of them to a party, which is a low-pressure situation compared to, say, a potentially awkward blind date dinner.
Matchmakers are not spies
Once the initial introduction has been made, leave your mutual friends out of it. Unless he does something REALLY bizarre, they don’t want to get put in the middle of a courtship. So, don't demand that your pals dish everything he says about you, or they might not want to set you up again!
Do you like being set up by your friends? Have you had any success with it? Any major disaster stories you'd like to share?














source:www.glamour.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picture Window theme. Theme images by Jason Morrow. Powered by Blogger.