Hilary Duff is the perfect example of what I'd like to look like on weekends. She's sporting a nice, bouncy topknot, orange lips, groomed eyebrows, and long eyelashes. Low-maintenance and cute!
Makeup artist Adam Breuchaud did Duff's makeup for the iHeartRadio music awards yesterday, and I got the lowdown on what he used.
"We decided on a clean, fresh look with a bold spring color on the lips. I applied two coats of L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara and added a few individual lashes for depth. Then I sculpted her cheeks using the Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Powder No.40 as a contour. To create her bright orange lip, I first lined the lips with Chanel Precision Lip Definer in Orange Intense. Then, straight from the bullet, I applied MAC Lipstick in Morange for a more pigmented look."
As for her hair, Suave Professional Celebrity Stylist Marcus Francis was the master behind it. "She wore this vintage LBD that had a strong yet beautiful silhouette that I wanted to show off with a distraction of cascading blonde hair. We both agreed that a messy, oversized, topknot would give it that ethereal, bad-ass look for the red carpet," he says.
1. On towel-dried hair, spray on a volumizer like Suave Professionals Volumizing Root Boost spray at the roots, then apply a mousse like Suave Professionals Natural Infusions Leave-In Foam with Seaweed from mid-shaft to end.
2. Secure dry hair in a high ponytail with an elastic at the top of the crown.
3. Tease medium sections of hair from the ponytail to create a fullness for the oversized knot. Spray each section with a light hairspray.
4. Twist the hair and wrap it around the ponytail base. Use several large hair poins to lock the knot in place.
5. Twirl a makeup brush in small circles around the hairline to bring out flyaways for a young and effortless look. Done!
Now I know exactly which hair and makeup items to grab on my way home from work today! Do you like her look as much as I do?