Sunday 4 May 2014

Behind the Scenes at the iHeartRadio Music Awards With Jared Leto, HIlary Duff, and Others!




Awards show red carpets can be a tricky thing. Some will be amazing (the Emmys, the Golden Globes), and others, well, not so much (but we won't name names....). By now, I've covered enough of them to know which ones will bring out the A-list stars you guys want to read about and which ones don't. But when it's a brand-new show? Well, all bets are off. So, like many of you who watched last night's iHeartRadio Music Awards, I had no idea what to expect. But I was pleasantly surprised. Here's what went on behind the scenes.
Hilary Duff joked that it was "an awesome day to wear black velvet" as the temps climbed to 98degrees in downtown Los Angeles. "I'm dying here!" she confided to us. "But it was the first dress I put on, and I was like, Wow, this is different for me! It's short, but it was perfect."
Presenter Jason Ritter was one of the first to hit the carpet, and he said he'd love to return to Parenthood next season (should it get picked up). "I think it will," he confided in me (for the record, I do too). "I just love it there. Dax Shephard is hysterical, and the way his mind works is pretty astounding. And I just love Lauren [Graham] and Mae [Whitman]."
 About a Boy's "boy", Benjamin Stockham, 13, was rocking a very hipster look on the carpet and said he'd love to cross over to Jason Katims' Parenthood next season (Katims produces/writes About a Boy as well) since Dax Shepard and David Walton have already done it. Speaking of costar David Walton, Stockham said he's not sure if he'd be up for the task of babysitting Walton's young children. "That's an interesting question. I like it. I'd probably give them a football field's worth of sugar and play video games."




 Nashville's Sam Palladio flew into L.A. yesterday and obviously didn't expect such warm weather since he showed up in dark jeans and a leather jacket. "That was smart of me!" he joked. Palladio was recently in Chicago, where he (along with much of the rest of the cast) paid a visit to ABC7's Windy City Live (which I cohosted the week before). "The crowds were fantastic, and ti was the first time we felt like rock stars.
Usually we do it just on TV and the audiences are paid to be there and scream, so this was pretty cool."
As for what's coming up on the May 14 season finale of Nashville? "There's going to be some old flames reunited. Maybe we can say that the Gunnar and Scarlett partnership that everybody loves isn,t quite dead yet. There's going to be a couple of 'gasp' moments too." I'm so there.
 Austin Mahone was refreshingly candid when I asked him the song that he gets most excited to hear on the radio," the adorable star shared.
Mya, looking stunning in Bariano, said that even though we've been inundated with all sorts of new awards shows lately, this one was a bit more special. "It celebrates radio, and it's a direct connect for the fans to their favorite artists. Plus, they have categories, like Instagram, which no other awards show has."



Cheryl Burke looked incredible in a flirty design that her stylist picked out "because I'm not that girly girl. Shopping gives me anxiety," she laughed. The Dancing With the Stars pro turns 30 on Saturday and is planning an incredible "crazy bash with the entire cast" plus other celeb pals like Mel B. By the way, I had an interesting conversation with Burke about on-set DWTS romances (ahem, Maks and Meryl). That convo will be coming Monday night, so stay tuned!




Baby Daddy's Chelsea Kane chose a fun ASOS ensemble that complemented her pink hair. "It comes from a leave-in conditioner actually! It's like a shooting star of fun. I got it in Canada, and it's just so fun. It will actually wash right out. Guys think I'm crazier now, so I've been getting some interesting propositions," she admitted.



Oscar winner and 30 Seconds to Mars frontman Jared Leto rocked a turquoise sports jacket in the unseasonably warm weather. When asked about his new album, he said that "it puts us on a different party and has been a bit of a breakthrough for us."


Other stars spotted on the red carpet: Ashley Greene, Mel B, Linda Perry, Bastille, Imagine Dragons, Karina Smirnoff, The Bachelor's Kiptyn Lcke and Jef Holm (yes, that sighting confused me), Billy Ray Cyrus, and others.













source:glamour.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picture Window theme. Theme images by Jason Morrow. Powered by Blogger.