Saturday 26 April 2014

As You Can See, Nicki Minaj Is Done With Smiling



The gals over on lipstick already got Nicki Minaj to spill about her newly toned-down look--a change I'm a fan of, by the way, though I will miss our Minaj wig mood ring.
But if there's one thing I miss--cue me singing "Dear Old NIcki"--it's the rapper's pretty smile. She's  seriously done with smiling, as we've had ample chances to discover over the past several days.
Here she is at the MTV Movie Awards:




And at Monday's premiere of The Other Woman:








See, this is where I draw the line. Smugging in a group photo where everyone else is grinning? That's just awkward. Like, if this was a pic of you and your friends from the bar last night, you'd really be wondering what was up with one of your friend's face. I get that brand and image are everything, but this doesn't compute in ral-life settings.
And by the way, yes, I am pointing this out while completely agreeing with Petra's rant on men telling women to smile. I'm not saying Minaj would be prettier if she smiled: I'm saying, girl to girl, I know when a lady's going for a look by consciously choosing to put over being natural. And if we all agree to look more human in pics, we can--together--eradicate duck-face for good!
So, you know, I'm fine with putting the Roman alter ego to bed, but let's not count those pearly whites out yet, Nic. After all, even Little Orphan Annie go that a smile is the foundation of low-maintenance beauty. (Her style wasn't exactly high-concept either, at least not pre-Warbucks.)














source:glamour.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picture Window theme. Theme images by Jason Morrow. Powered by Blogger.